Tuesday, February 3, 2009

North American International Auto Show, pt. 1

Guess who got to go to the Auto Show in Detroit this year! I’ll give you a hint, it was me!
I had a blast at the 2009 Detroit Auto Show, and I just wanted to share a few cool things that I saw there!

First of all I should say that it was a lot of fun getting to meet the 1964 Volkswagon Beetle. Yes, the one from the commercials. And yes, he really talks! (I’ve never met a celebrity quite like him before!)

Anyway, I think my favorite part was getting to see all the new fuel-efficient cars! The new hybrids and the new all electric models!


I got to see the Tesla Roadster! The only all electric car currently on the market! Check out their site over at

http://www.teslamotors.com/ And check out the cool pictures I got :



Next up was a new car by a company called BYD Auto (formerly a Chinese company that made batteries, and now apparently makes cars!). I got to see their new e6 model, that’s pure electricity! It’s an awesome looking car! You can take a look at their website at
http://www.byd.com/ and take a look at a picture of most of the electric car: (Yes, it says you can plug it into any household outlet…. For when you decide to park your car in the kitchen or bathroom? Made me laugh…)


And even Dodge is getting onto the electric bandwagon, check out a picture of a new all-electric concept car they were showing off! I like it, it’s orange:


Okay, I think that’s enough for a quick note! I’ve got more to tell you, so stick around and pretty soon I’ll have my next Auto Show ’09 post up! I can’t wait to tell you my absolute favorite part of the show! Stick around, and I’ll see you next time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh I don't know much about cars aside from Transformers but the pictures are pretty. Yay a Beetle for Herbie! Glad you liked it and looking to part two then, take care!