Thursday, February 19, 2009

North American International Auto Show pt. 2


Okay, this is the part 2 to my 2 part post about the North American International Auto Show!


The main reason I broke it into 2 parts is that it was getting way too long, and I wanted Toyota to get their own post. (I want them to feel special!)

But truth be told, not only did Toyota have some truely awesome cars at the show, the display itself was really really cool!

Going along with Toyota's theme about environmental responsibility, their display was made out of recycled or sustainable materials!

I found this really cool picture on the Auto Show's homepage, and I added some numbers so you can know which things I'm referring to.

  • First off is number 1. The flooring of the display is not actually wood, but bamboo, which grows 'much' faster and is much more sustainable.
  • Number 2, the glass floor tiles were all made of reused or recycled glass!
  • And finally, one of my favorite things, number 3, Toyota was the 'only' company at the Show giving out reusable bags. The other companies had plastic bags with their logo on them, to be used for carrying souvineers and pamphlets and such. But Toyota gave out reusable red bags with 'green' ideas and suggestions printed on them!


Okay, well this wouldn't be a post about the 'Auto' Show unless I said at least something about cars! So here's a few cool pics I took of Toyota's electric car. I'm not sure when it's going to be on the market, or how much it will cost, but it's got flowers on it, so I want one!


Alright folks, that's it for now! Sorry this post was a little late, but I had a few other things I needed to take care of first...

Anyway, I'm comming up with so many cool things that I want to share with you guys, that I'm thinking I might be updating the blog twice a week in the near future.

For example, I would have my usual long-ish post on Tuesday, but now there would be another quick (read shorter) post on Fridays as well!

It's an idea I've been working on, so let me know what you guys think!

I'll see you all next time, Stay Green!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny do all Auto shows happen so close to each other as Toronto has one on this week now too. Again good on the industry even at trade shows to get more Green too in these new times for them. BTW an aside about flowers on the car, my one friend said once he'd get a new car and paint it plaid so he could drive it normally and save gas but look like he's going in LUDICROUS SPEED (Spaceballs reference). Heh, good stuff again!